PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PFLs
Thread: PFLs
View Single Post
Old 23rd Nov 2002, 10:53
Beethoven

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Due to finances,most of my flying at the moment consists of short local flights just to keep my hand in and I try to do one pfl at every time I go up.Usually to show pax that we are "relatively" safe in the even of a failure.As I myself am quite a nervous flyer I don't think I would like to leave it too long in any circumstances.I actualy quite enjoy it and am starting to experiment with different methods,but I am very worried about breaking rule 5 so I rarely go below 500 feet which kinda defeats the point I suppose but at least it keeps me mentally prepared for the immediate stages after a failure i.e. nail the speed and find a field,Without these 2 the rest is pointless anyway.On my skills test we went right down to about 50-100 feet but now that it is MY licence I am flying on,I would rather keep as far away from complainers as possible because I don't trust most peoples ability to judge my distance from person,vessel,structure etc. and even a false report of low-flying would be a pain in the bum.Don't give them a chance!!