PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet Airways Trainee First Officer
View Single Post
Old 14th Jan 2012, 17:37
aroumika

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@estranged soul
you're right, i couldn't agree with you more, but who said anything about a "gun being put to my head"? i (and all the other cpl holders) have a right to complain after spending so much on the cpl course and clearing all the papers, but yet the expenses never seem to end with airlines making money out of us, which clearly they shouldn't be doing - besides what do you expect us to do? sit around for weeks, months and years and expect a job to fall into our laps without us trying?

having said that, i was asking for the same thing as you mentioned - "the will and the unity to mass boycott any airline selection" that demands such outstanding sums of money from us, and bringing this to the attention of the media to raise the matter to a higher level

and just for the record, i haven't spent a single dime on any airline selection (so i can vouch for myself not falling to such "low standards" as you call it), i have only managed to make progress with jet, which happens to be the only airline in the country out of 6, whose selection process is rightly "free" of cost

judging by your statements (correct me if i'm wrong), i'm guessing you're already hired and happily working for some airline, which makes it easy for you to openly make such lavish statements, but keep in mind that you too at some point of time in your life were an "aspiring pilot" just like all of us, except that it happened much easier for you than what we're having to face right now

Last edited by aroumika; 14th Jan 2012 at 18:32.