PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet Airways Trainee First Officer
View Single Post
Old 14th Jan 2012, 16:55
estranged soul

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yes spicejet - 500USD and indigo - 375USD, the outright rip-off of cpl holders in india continues and yet we have no choice but to fall into their trap and fill their pockets, i just wish all of us combined would start making some noise about how such airlines clearly take advantage of our deplorable condition and bring it to the attention of the media, it's about time their money-making tactics need to be exposed, i'm sure arnab goswami on times now would do a great job! i mean 20-25k for a written exam and excess of 15lacs self-sponsored type-rating? - nothing short of ridiculous! one question i still don't have the answer to - if i go about getting my own 737/320 TR, i'd spend anywhere between 12-14 lacs, so on what grounds are airlines here increasing this cost to 18-20 lacs?
@aroumika

Did Spicejet, Indigo (or any other airline charging candidates for their selection process) keep a gun on your head or use any other means of force to pay them $500 and appear for their exams ?

If your answer to the above question is a "NO" (and im pretty darn sure is), then you, my friend, are the only one to be blamed for this mess.

You (and by "you", I mean all of you aspiring airline pilots), are the only ones to blame for the way this industry and profession is right now.
That includes all you P2F guys and gals who prostitute yourselves by paying to sit on the RHS and log hours hoping to make it somehow to a bonafide paying job someday.

All of you basically, lack the will and unity to boycott such shady airline selections and interviews, which are merely eyewash.

Why ?? Because there are way too many selfish souls amongst you who will be only too happy to see people boycotting the airline selections (if at all it did happen), as it would tremendously reduce their competition.

Sorry fellas, I do feel for your sorry state of affairs, but it's a cruel world and avarice, over population and the rat race culture has disastrous consequences.