PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Shock PAYE Tax bill
View Single Post
Old 14th Jan 2012, 12:42
Pontius Navigator
I don't own this space under my name. I should have leased it while I still could

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Tiger_mate
Then take MMA allowance from JPA printout and divide by .25 = mileage originally claimed. I now repeat the mileage claimed at the end of the route in the comments box. (Having already included it in a box that subsequently disappears.)

This can be retrospectively claimed for 6 years..
TM, two other wrinkles.

Suppose the JPA authorised journey was 100 miles but you actually did say 110 because you did a detour enroute then you can claim that extra 10 miles at 40p/m.

Suppose you went away on a short course over a weekend. JPAwise you may only have been paid for the one return journey but taxwise you can claim for the weekend return journey as well - again 40p/mile.

If your other hald drove you to the rail station or airport, did you claim the return journey each way, ie 4 trips?

Finally that 6 years also applied (don't know if it still does) to travel claims. The station used to be able to pay up to 3 years late but claims up to 6 years had to go up the line. JPA may allow for late claims too.