PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomson Airways
Thread: Thomson Airways
View Single Post
Old 14th Jan 2012, 09:31
peachair732

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with much if what cazza fly says, very well summarised the changing needs of the lisure market, however, Im not sure for a company as large as Thomson in the UK, a sole single bodied 738 fleet will be sufficient cpacity for those slot contrained LGW departures like a Summer RHO or a winter Canaries. I recognise the need for increased frequencies, certainly and it seems to make great sense for Thomson to opt for the economical 738 for the main part of the fleet but I cant help feel maybe some larger, even slightly larger 737-900ERs, would be a good mix, commonality but with almost the same cpacity of the 757 well more seats than an all 738 certainly. Even I could see a small need for a larger still wide body for those peak destinations, RHO is a good example, these detsinations are still largely typical package destinations without a need for daily departures but a need for a once or twice a week larger aircraft especially from MAN, and LGW. I think an all 738 much too limiting for a company the size of Thomson who still needs, even in face of changing requirements, to be able to offer its tour operating arms a larger aircraft for short medium haul at peak periods at any slot restrained airports.