PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EasyJet - 4
Thread: EasyJet - 4
View Single Post
Old 13th Jan 2012, 22:54
easyflyer83

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't really like the 'admin fee' either as I said a few posts back. However, and this won't be a very popular view, the consumer is partly to blame. There is an unrelenting thirst for cheap flights to the extent where a return fare of £150/£200 on a sector length of 4+ hours is deemed expensive. Nobody (I hope) would argue thats not a lot of money, to many people these days it is. However we have reached a point where those airlines who predominantly compete on price have to, to some extent, massage the figures in order to tap into this thirst and to keep up with the competition. That is why I support legislation to level the playing field in this respect......I don't think it should particularly be down to one airline because in my view a policy of "no extra's" would likely harm that carrier. It is my belief that it would still take close to a generation to break the cycle.

It's also interesting that there is alot more hysteria about this than the fuel surcharge adopted by various airlines at various points in the past. It's no different in my view.

Please don't mistake my sentiments, I don't particularly like the admin/card fee's and in fact it is the only extra that I don't really agree with. But I don't think the consumer is whiter than white on this issue for reasons I have cited.