PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Pilots Ponder BMI Proposal
View Single Post
Old 13th Jan 2012, 16:06
Sgt Wilson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Say Again S l o w l y,

Is there anything that you can say that would be pertinent to the BA pilots' vote?

Until the results of that vote are known, nothing else can be predicted with any certainty. That said Shaka Zulu's copies of quotes from both BA and the BACC are accurate. Does anything you know contradict them?

There has also been a lot of speculation about how the integration, should it come about, be dealt with. It seems sometimes that the assumption is that it will be a scrap between the BACC and the BMICC. I mention this because sometimes it seems that it has been forgotten that ultimately BA/IAG are in charge. Maybe it's just me.

On that subject, in the Flt Ops directors letter he points out that, integrate or not, there will still be pressure on Short Haul costs. I suspect BA would be looking for concessions from SH, even if BMI pilots were not integrated.

Touching on that, there would appear to be an amount of disgruntlement on the BA recruitment thread about the introduction of the 34 pay points. I can completely understand people being upset by that, but the whole subject of "incremental drift" is one that BA pilots will have heard for some time as nearly every manager mentions that something has to be done about it at any given opportunity. I suspect that they have been biding their time and fell over themselves to attach it to this vote. After the Openskies affair it was only too obvious that BA pilots were keen to keep as many people flying BA aeroplanes on the same seniority list as possible. Even if the vote is "no" to integration, PP34 will not go away.

To the BMI chaps, if it were me, I would also expect to be wearing a BA uniform sooner rather than later, but speculating on where you might be in the grand order of things may be a little premature. Lets wait and see where we are in a couple of weeks time. You guys seem to have been messed around, had hopes built up, sacrificed things only to be disappointed time and again. I hope that this will be better, but I think we should await the outcome of the vote first and then let our CCs get together. It's been said already, but the BACC are a very decent bunch of chaps.