PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Integrated vs Modular & where!
View Single Post
Old 13th Jan 2012, 12:51
cumbrianboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi
Yes the subject does seem to appear a lot, but is also seems to be quite old data and little discussion comparing organisations!

I have been around the block a few times to cut through marketing blurb, indeed I have spent many years writing it so I see the tricks, but trying to cut through to the key issue. For me it's not about saving £30k (although I don't have £30k to waste) but what puts you in pole position for a job at the end of the course and who turns out the better pilot.

Of course, the discussion that modular gives you the same licence is 100% valid, but then a degree from an ex poly gives you the same degree as one from cambridge, yet we all know they mean totally different things ... So, in terms of investing £50k or £80k in your training, it is all academic if in the end your only real option for employment is to spend the £80k - does this make sense?

I know the airline business well having worked in it, but the issue of training of pilots is not something I am that familiar with, and also the market trends and economic situation change almost daily at the moment, so a discussion from 2007 I feel, is slightly invalid as we enter 2012 ... ?

Or maybe not, either way I thought it might be good to spark a fresh debate.