PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways DEP Selection - THE lowdown Part 2
Old 13th Jan 2012, 11:05
Wirbelsturm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BA is about choices.

If you join the Minibus fleet at the start of a recruitment 'phase' you will move up the seniority ladder very quickly indeed. The BA/BMI merger won't affect you relative position as BMI will increase the size of the Minibus fleet in line with their pilot numbers.

Once you are in the position to have a bit of bidding seniority then you can tailor BA to your requirments.

Want long trips and get to see where you are going and have a bit of time to look at the city? No problem.

Want to run it like EZY and have a multitude of day trips? No problem either.

Want to jet off around the world and see some of the most fantastic cities going? Off to Long hHaul you go.

Want a command as quickly as possible? If that floats your boat go got Gatwick or just wait it out on the Minibus. The projected expansion (circa 2014 if rumours be believed) should see time to command come rapidly down.

BA provide some of the best hotels in the world to stay in, the transport is always there, the HOST system provides you with local currency at a highly preferential rate and there is a good (not perfect) system for coping with downroute delays. A health care system that will sort you out anywhere in the world and 24/7 backup from the company.

In all the years I've been in BA I ave very rarely felt 'let down' whilst operating and generally have felt that whatever decisions I make/have made have been fully supported by the company.

It's not for everyone but, for me, it is far better than any previous employer.