PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Who is casa's Insurer???
View Single Post
Old 12th Jan 2012, 21:48
Up-into-the-air

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who is casa's Insurer???

I have been trying to find out "Who is casa's Insurer??", but a search on the casa web site was un-productive. Lots of stuff on Carrier s Liability Insurance and other matters relating to operators and nothing about casa's responsibility for their insurance.

As this is a large item, I looked at the 2010-2011 annual report again, where all items above $10,000 appear [according to casa] and I guess insurance is a reportable item, but no insurer!

The only reference is the following:

"The Commonwealth indemnified CASA in relation to liabilities associated with acts or omissions that occurred before the expiry of two deeds of indemnity in July and August 1998. Since then, commercial insurance has been arranged to cover those risks. In 2010–11 CASA held aviation and general liability, professional indemnity, directors’ and officers’ liability, and a range of other corporate insurance.

Aviation and general liability: Aviation and general liability insurance provides coverage for injuries caused to third parties or to the property of third parties as a result of negligence arising out of the performance of CASA’s functions under the Civil Aviation Act, the Civil Aviation (Carriers’ Liability) Act 1959 and other applicable legislation.

Professional indemnity: CASA’s professional indemnity insurance covers claims arising from breaches of duty by a CASA officer.

Directors’ and officers’ liability: In 2010–11, CASA held insurance protecting directors and officers from liability for the consequences of wrongful acts as defined in the policy "

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No insurance Company or Broker listed.

Curious???? and Curiouser!!!

Last edited by Up-into-the-air; 12th Jan 2012 at 22:25. Reason: Just minor spelling!!