PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 12th Jan 2012, 15:49
av8tordude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
StephanK & Speedhold

It would be a grave injustice for anyone to tell you what subject area(s) to study and foolish of you to only concentrate on any one area(s), as there are five different tests covering all parts of the JAA subject areas. But...from all the gouge I've read and conversation I had from fellow interviewers, I put the bulk of my efforts into studying Performance, Mass & Balance, Meterology, Principle of Flight, Human Perf. and reading Ace the Pilot Tech. Interview book. I also did study (not much) Radio Navigation, Operational Procedures, & IFR Comm. I did not study Air Law because I was told QR will give you that training during indoc. By the way, there are no formulas on any of the test that I'm aware of (at least none of the guys in my group mention it). QR does give you a calculator to use during the test, but I only use the calculator on one question and I only used it to check my mental math calculation was correct.

It may seem like a lot of preparation and studying , but if you really want to work at QR, I would not recommend half stepping. QR is hiring a lot, but not everyone is getting the job.