PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Future Pilot Programme (FPP)(Merged)
View Single Post
Old 12th Jan 2012, 14:57
Petervd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NON UK APPLICANTS

I have seen the non-UK applicants at the Cranebank selection day. However I believe political pressure on BA eliminated non-UK applicants in the end.

”The rises in APD have left us with no alternative but to cut back on our planned recruitment. [...] Many of these opportunities would have been for young people. At a time of high unemployment for new graduates and school-leavers, it is deeply regrettable that these additional tax increases have propelled us into this decision.” Keith Williams CEO BA

If the CEO of BA is so much concerned with unemployment of new graduates and school leavers. He even uses this as an argument to pressure the government into eliminating the APD.
It would make no sense for BA to select foreign applicants for the already small number of BA jobs that Mr Williams is actually able to offer.

In case a foreign applicant was equally able as a UK applicant, I believe the UK applicant is eventually chosen.

If there are non-UK applicants that passed plz let yourselfs be heard to eliminate this rumour. Because this would be the only valid argument in which this rumour can be eliminated (knowing there were several foreign applicants during the selection days there must be some that passed).