PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Rotary Nostalgia Thread
View Single Post
Old 12th Jan 2012, 14:17
Savoia

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wiggy wrote: Good to see the photo's of the G-A, registered JR's
Indeed. There were, to my count, around 54 'A' reg 206's in the UK (only 19 of which were Bells). We've covered a fair few on Nostalgia (probably the most interesting ones) but there are still some more to go.

Quite a number of the 'A' reg 206's that we haven't touched upon are Bristow birds and one of the reasons for that is that in the late 60's (not long after Bristows took delivery of their initial order of 20 ships) many of them were shipped-off to support various overseas contracts.

Of the non-Bristow 206's some of those we have yet to look at include: G-AVVH, G-AVZH, G-AWOY, G-AWRI, G-AWRV, G-AXXO, G-AYDK, G-AYHN and G-AYIY.

Yoyo's G-AVII Shot

It would be grand if we could identify the 1970's Bristow driver from Yoyo's Southend photo of G-AVII!

Bristow ran the Plessey conract for some years with this craft after which, if I remember rightly, it passed to Manfred Mann who were leasing G-AXAY (more about G-AXAY on page 11 of the Alan Mann thread). The contract then went to Ferranti and I am still trying to establish which aircraft was assigned for this purpose but my suspicion is that it was G-AZZB.

If there's anyone with a little more insight into the Plessey contract please do chip in.