PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Skullduggery in the utopian world of DeeJay Flight ops
Old 12th Jan 2012, 01:24
Cactusjack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ouch

Bugsmasha
You talk in both past/present tense about your employment at Virgin. So which is it. Did you man up and leave or are you still here infecting the poor old first officers?
I served my sentence and did leave after approximately a 10 year sentence. I have no issue 'manning up' rather than hiding silently in the corner like a pu#sy whipped peaheart.
I never infected any F/O, the company does a good enough job of that themselves

am just a line captain, therefore I haven't experienced the kniving and backstabbing that you talk about on your quest up the greasy pole.
Hmmm your current role would indicate you are one of the backstabbers hence your not receiving the blades in your own back. Still a line Captain after 10 years perhaps? Line Captain on the beautiful Embraer? Says enough really.
And the pole is no longer greasy as all the sliding you did wore the grease of it

If your still here I suggest you piss off,because you sound like a real knob and maybe go overseas like a lot of your mates did post 2001, and let those that remain at VA have a happier workplace environment.
Now now, no need to go throwing around 2001 young fella, your turn will come

Break Right,
I've been here for about 11 years and never experienced anything your going on about Cactus. Loosen your grip before you or something else snaps. Life’s too short to live with hate. ugh:
And your role is???Check-in agent? Still an F/O? Perhaps a content Captain who hoovered his way through the ranks?

Jim Shoos, Exactly my point
I don’t think anyone disputes that life on the line at DJ is pretty good. That is not the point of this post. The point is the chosen few that manage us are supposed to lead by example, demonstrate probity, whilst being fair and ethical. Regrettably the current flight ops management have none of these qualities, preferring instead to manage by bullying and intimidation. Porch monkey you want examples.

How about openly tampering with training files (now I am sure you would not want yours tampered with behind your back), condoning the illegal rostering of management pilots (eg run a training course, then pax home and being told your duty finishes when the ground course does so you don’t bust duty limits). If you have the temerity to challenge this you will be threatened with your job. In a recent case a management pilot tendered his resignation only to be told that should he do so he could expect a less than pleasant roster cycle. Or perhaps there is the line check on which the candidate was failed incorrectly. When this error and that of the check captain in question were taken up the chain of command, the victim was blatantly threatened and the whole sordid affair was swept under the carpet.

So, whilst life on the line is utopian (by all means enjoy it) there needs to be a cathartic cleanse to purge the malaise in flight ops management. Hopefully the replacements will have the desired qualities to earn the respect of their peers.