PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - career progression at the airport whilst on the ground
Old 11th Jan 2012, 23:24
madshopper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
career progression at the airport whilst on the ground

I work at my local airport as a passenger service agent. Done the job for sometime for 2 years, dont mind the hours, love the whole airport environment etc. Have done as well in the past ticket desk agent, reservations agent in a call centre etc. I know given the current economic climate we are in, there are limited jobs around.

My next step is hopefully to work for the airline itself but in the airport environment rather than a call centre. I ideally want to become an airport services agent/ airline customer service representative and take things from there. I understand that for these type of roles, airlines recruit from within not externally. I know i have my foot through the door by working in an airport - question i want to ask is, is it worthwhile me posting a speculative CV through each speculative employers' door.
Can i ask anyone what steps have they taken from being a ground crew to where they are now ? thanks