PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eurofighter Crash Spain
View Single Post
Old 22nd Nov 2002, 16:27
sprucemoose

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ah Jacko,

Glad to see that you made it back from the pub in time to respond today.

Fancy my having "already rushed into print" with the story! You clearly haven't forgotten - given your repeated half-references to where I work, but I file for a major 'weekly defence' magazine. As such, I don't have the luxury of sitting on my arse - ooh, let's say near a well-known SH base, if you want to play games - pontificating on the finer details of what might or might not have happened before I think about switching on the laptop in about a fortnight when I 'feel' like it. What luxury!

If you think the accident won't lead to a fleet-wide grounding order (you quote the story incorrectly: it does not say this "is likely", rather likely should the Spanish investigators report that whatever caused the loss of DA6 could happen with another aircraft) then you have some very good sources. But surely plucking an IPA away from training to support further development work will have an significant impact.

FYI, there's no great conspriacy in my not saying I'm a journo in my profile - this was more because I didn't imagine anyone would give a toss who I am. Also, as I file on pprune 0.09 times per day, I look at the site more for recreational use than as a way of life. If it offends you so much, tell me how I go about changing the info in my profile and I'll amend it to say I'm a journo. But at least when I rush a story into print (and this wasn't; I was and am still happy enough with it) it has my real name on it. Unlike some, as you so rightly put it.

Moose

Working hard ... or hardly working