PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rude Cabin Crew
Thread: Rude Cabin Crew
View Single Post
Old 22nd Nov 2002, 15:10
flyblue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tightslot,
posts like the ones you sign are the reason why threads like this should go on. If someone lowers the tone, what I wish is that someone like you post to raise the level and articulate a good answer. Please keep posting.

Chopper,

what's your problem? It seems you are taking up a defensive position. As tightslot says, no one ever said F/As are allowed to be rude to pax. It is something I can't bear myself.
I was just objecting to the way you approach the problem. If a company has rude F/A (I mean a widespread problem, not the occasional black sheep) it's the company and not the F/A him/herself who has a problem. I'd rather turn to the company to inquire as why it keeps its F/A so unsatisfied and obviously ill customer care trained. Writing a letter to bash the occasional F/A won't change a thing. Four years ago I flew BA longhaul ( I had bought the ticket instead of going for an ID for personal reasons), and I was so impressed by the F/As that I wrote a letter ending with "...whatever you are doing to keep your staff so well trained and motivated, keep on doing it because it works". Good F/As go with good F/As management. (By the way, a good management should also chose people-oriented F/As).
And ultimately, as you said, you will chose with your wallet (you may chose AF like 126.9, nothing to object ).

Last edited by flyblue; 22nd Nov 2002 at 19:18.