PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rude Cabin Crew
Thread: Rude Cabin Crew
View Single Post
Old 22nd Nov 2002, 12:33
flyblue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tightslot, I don't agree.
I think that even if a subjet brings out the worse of some people (I am not talking about insults), it should be allowed to live. I am genuinely interested (like most) in other people's ideas, even if they don't coincide with mine. I am even interested in knowing that some people may concoct bizarre beliefs about Crime and Punishment like the one Chopper Pilot expresses. After all isn't he one of those guys we have to deal with in everyday life?
Are we saying that we are not able to discuss about a subject like civilised people? I think we are grown up enough to ignore the stirrers and the short sighted and take what's good in the bunch.
I know the subject is very delicate, and there is the danger of hurting feelings. But if I, or someone else, is wrong, I am more than willing to change my mind with the help of contribution from other members that may know something or have an insight I don't have. This is a more important thing in my opinion than the fear of discussing an unpopular subject. Stupidity, short-mindedness and pettiness are born of ignorance. So we need to exchange our knowledge and points of view and be strong enough to put up with the fact that someone may have a different one. And maybe try to understand.

And if the thread is withering folks, let's revive it with some intelligent posts.