PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Blue crash was caused by Captain
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2012, 21:18
Sunnyjohn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When one considers that the mental and physical well-being of the crew is one of the most important aspects of aircraft safety, I have to repeat that I am surprised that there is not more discussion on this and I wonder why.
Having given it some thought it occurs to me that the majority pf posters (other than the trolls) post about things of which they know much - like technical details, meteorology and navigation, as one would expect from highly trained and experienced personnel. I can still remember my five year training with (then) BEA and I can still recall some of the systems and circuits we studied for the Vanguard and Viscount. I recall little about human behaviour. I suspect this is still true. We may receive training in systems, CRM and human behaviour but it's the day to day stuff that we use and remember. We don't usually have to think about our state of health or the psychology of our mind so any training in that regard is lost. Therefore, very few people on this forum have much recall of knowledge or interest in these things. This is unfortunate bearing in mind that the person at the front is still a human and subject to all the frailties that come with being one. We should take more interest in these things but we don't. So when a disaster could be explained by a failure of a human in medical or psychological terms, nobody has sufficient recall to discuss it. Just a theory . . .

Last edited by Sunnyjohn; 11th Jan 2012 at 21:19. Reason: spelling