PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PA Pensions and FTRS
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2012, 20:46
Lima Juliet

Received 82 Likes on 34 Posts
Andis

Flying pay does not count towards abatement. Also, as you were PAS then you will have a higher ceiling than a General List Sqn Ldr before you reach abatement levels with your pension. You would start off on the last level that you stopped on when you were a General List Sqn Ldr (unless you were promoted as PAS or Spec Aircrew then I would guess that you would start on the top level). The other thing to consider is that your maximum salary before abatement starts would be your last day as PAS plus 5 years of index-linked inflation increases - that would also give you a bit more headroom.

Have a look at this DIN http://www.mod.uk/NR/rdonlyres/EAD1E...9DIN01058on...

Finally, if you have access to Dii or know someone that can, then there is a Reserves Admin Instruction section on the RAF Intranet "Publications" web page. It will tell you all about the process of how to get in and also spells out the likely questions you will be asked.

I became RAFR about 4 months ago and it fits my personal circumstances so much better than Regular Service was. It's the best of both worlds when it's time to grow up - that's how I view it anyway!

PM me if I can help further or just ask more here on the Bulletin Board.

Best of luck

LJ