PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 34 Years Ago Today
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2012, 19:08
C130 Techie
Fat Albert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pr00ne - So I got my figures wrong! What do the odd 17,000 people matter anyway. Very little to today's goverment it seems. Anyway my point was meant to be simplistic and light in line with the rest of my post. As a 17 year old up for the challenge of a new life and career the woes you list meant little then (and my memory is just fine thanks). I was aware that all was not sweet and rosy as my father had just left the Army somewhat disillusioned after serving 22 years. Through my young and naive rose tinted glasses it wasn't all about money back then even though to those making the decisions in reality it probably was. Today with experience and a small part in the decision making process money clearly is significant.

I am pleased that most read my post with the sentiment intended and I am grateful for the kind words, the advice given and the shared experiences. The prospect of a future beyond the blue suit after so many years seems a little scary as I am sure many will agree. But then many have done it and survived the experience. Good luck SFFP

Nutloose - You must have had the 'Friday afternoon' model experience.

Courtney Mil - If any comments are worthy of use feel free.

Srennaps - Thanks. 2 weeks behind at Swinderby eh? To quote the 70s Sitcom, Get Some In!!