PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GA Flying...is it safe ?!
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2012, 18:39
M-ONGO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a contact there (expat instructor) who may be able to help if you're interested. It's on an HS reg.

If you need to fly with an autopilot outside of RVSM levels, you simply shouldn't be flying. (not a comment aimed AT you - just in answer to your autopilot comment)

There is no cost on safety Peter. It's simply justifying that cost or mitigating the risk a la SMS.

99% of the flying I do below FL200 in Europe would certainly not be VMC, but then again I don't necessarily choose my flying days, granted I only fly down there for short periods.

BTW I'm glad you have a 'very nice girlfriend' - I can only hope she enjoys conversation topics such as egnos, gps, tcas and the like.

Oh, and yes you do:

Backup Vacuum: This is a second electrically driven vacuum pump. It's not a bad idea because the autopilot requires the main horizon which is vacuum powered so if the standard vacuum pump fails, you lose the autopilot as well. It's quite bulky and heavy... an alternative approach is to replace the existing vacuum pump every few hundred hours. Vacuum pumps are cheap enough to replace at every Annual if so desired.
That's from you're website.

No, we've never met Peter. No agenda - this is a discussion forum, after all.

I haven't been to Thailand lately (have a very nice girlfriend, thank you) so pardon me for not knowing that somebody out there has fitted a second (full-size?)
You seem to Think you know about most other things aviation. thought that this would be on the TB20 owners/pilots forum.