PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways DEP Selection - THE lowdown Part 2
Old 11th Jan 2012, 16:25
Kempus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi,

I think the offers will still come although not with the same pay and t&c's advised during assessment. With the memo from Balpa it quite clear that they wish to preserve the t&c's of CURRENT Ba pilots and those from bmi will slip in beside them on thier own seniority contract and pay. Now without depressing the hell out of everyone, new joiners ie, those without a date of joining(signed contracts do not stipulate date of joining as courses do move) will fit in after them. So technically 300 pilots could join the seniority list above you as thier date of joining will be the day of integration.

Now for me, wrong side of 30, I'll never see pay point 34 nor do I think I will see a longhaul command until my twilight years and that's if I continue to hold my class one till then.

I applied Oct '10, been in the pool since June '11. The goalposts have changed. I have the wrong type at the wrong time. It is now pretty much a reality I will earn at least £100,000 less than someone at the same assessment, on the same day, at the same time with the same experience.

Best of luck to all those in the pool!

Last edited by Kempus; 11th Jan 2012 at 16:35. Reason: New info on contracts