PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 34 Years Ago Today
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2012, 11:57
NutLoose

Received 2,942 Likes on 1,253 Posts
Wish mine was so rose tinted.
Mine was arrived Swinderby May 76 to be met by the coach with a Corporal in number ones and a leg in plaster...
Arrive at the station to be issued a v neck jumper to wear with Civi's as the clothing store was closed..
Also the Barbers was closed, so it wasn't until the second day that we could get a really terrible haircut and then pay for the privilege, seemed to remember feeling like a sheep and thinking this guy must be on piece rates...

So first day consisted getting the p*ss exctracted in the Naaf 1 with our long hair and civi dress with a temporary jumper on.

Camping was done at the bottom of the Airfield for one night only due to AOC's parade, which we got extra drill for...
Supposed flight was cancelled, so we could do more drill for the AOC's parade...

Ahh and the Muskets for the parades, both AOC's and Passing out were old .303's that had been mucked about with to make them look like SLR'S..

Guy on a flight before us was standing by one of those gas heated water boilers when camping, that were 45 gallon drums on the side, when the Gas tank exploded, he had both arms seriously burnt and they were bandaged and strapped to his body, he had to go to the medical centre to be fed, washed, dressed and erm a male nurse would hold his tadger whilst he went for a leak... ohh and wiped his erm butt...... we all felt sorry for him as he was continually being backflighted whilst he healed up, was still there when I left. He wasn't exactly popular at the medical section either amongst the male staff.