PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Iberia pilots on strike
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2012, 11:21
javierito

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Condorox

Hi all,
I am an Iberia pilot. You say that BA and IB are financially independent because they are operational independent. The fact that they are operating independently does not mean they are not shifting cash one to another. When they merged two years ago the cash in BA was in dire straits, now they are expanding with no cash problems (the economy in UK is not that great also) thanks to the cash contributed by IB. I have no proofs though. And I fully respect my colleagues at BA. I am praying for the time when we are the same company with the same agreement, although I cannot figure out how this can be achieved.

Anyway, that is not the case of the strike, although it has been oustated by SEPLA (Iberia pilot union). The main reason is that the agreement we came upon with the previous Iberia management has been broken unilaterally by the actual management. In that agreement we lost some rights to permit Iberia to be more productive, and in change they signed they were not going to grow outsourcing production. And now we have lost those rights and no future for Iberia pilots. That said in a crisis environment and the fact that there are a lot of spanish pilots wanting to come home again makes the problem even worse.

I wish myself a lot of luck everyday when I get up in the mornings, though I know I am still a lucky guy if I look out of the window...