PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HHN Ryanair base
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2012, 10:49
muten

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was living there for six months and you shouldn't worry too much about the accommodation, there is a whole industry of locals providing services to the ryr crew, you will find lots of ads about room/house for rent and more things, the key for success is as always, ask to everybody you'll meet there and read every ad you see in a bar, shop, supermarket, etc. For the car, well, I met some people that bought a second hand car just to move from the place where they live to the airport, supermarket, etc, so it was something old but cheap, also lot of people drove their cars from their own country, maybe it takes you a couple of days driving, but it is worth it. It's not difficult to arrange everything you need to live there in a couple of weeks, but the best thing to do is going there and see the thing by yourself, I don't know if RYR still offers the "military building" as a place to live, back in the day, you could rent the room for one month, and use that time to find/bring your car, a house, meet your workmates and gather useful information, etc. ------ It's been a long time for me since I was living there, so maybe my tips are no longer useful, but I cannot stress enough the fact that you work on your social circles a lot, because there is nothing else to do than hanging around with the people.