PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Pilots Ponder BMI Proposal
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2012, 09:10
757_Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You are never going to keep everyone happy, but I hope that both CC will come up with something that satisfies the aspirations of the vast majority of both sets of pilots.
And despite all the moaning on here, largely from people who are not involved, I suspect that is exactly what will heppen. Both CC's will get the best they can out of the bad hand thats been dealt. We can't change the dealer, we can't change the cards.

Quote:
this is subject to the caveat that the BMI Mainline pilots’ promotion prospects and other benefits are no less favourable than they were prior to the transfer (which they wouldn’t be)
Quote:
For the reasons already outlined, we cannot foresee any situation in which an existing BA pilot will be displaced from his current seniority position and status by a BMI pilot. The BACC’s overriding aim is to ensure that no BA pilot is disadvantaged by the integration of BMI mainline
Are these two statements compatible? For example would the most senior BMI First Officer have to wait until after B.A. recruit who joined the day before the merger/takeover is promoted to be eligible for command?
what promotion prospects do you think BMI FO's currently have? I'm not being sarcastic - just asking the question. I'd guess that even at the bottom of the BA list, almost all of them would have better promotion and career prospects than they currently do.