PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Accelerate stop distance required
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2012, 08:52
Dariuszw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
V1 and accelerate stop distance required !

I have tried somewhere else to post this question to no avail so will repost here hoping that someone can help me aswer it. For a long time my assumption was that Cessna Citation providing required takeoff distance includes ASDR in its computations but recently came to conclusion that this is not so. Lets assume I accelerate to Vr which happens to be V1 as well and then decide to aboard. There is no way that distance it takes to climb just 35 feet (screen height used for takeoff distance computation) from that rotation point is the same as stopping fully loaded plane from such high speed. It takes me perhaps (Im guessing) 3 seconds to climb to 35 feet. So how can I stop in approximately the same time ? So when takeoff charts tell me I need 3000ft takeoff distance it is based on performance to 35feet and can not include any computation for V1. For takeoff computation all I need is pressure and temp. and runway length does not even come into consideration. So what assurance do I have when aboart at V1/Vr point I will have enough distance to stop. Any help would be greatly appreciated !