PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Pilots Ponder BMI Proposal
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2012, 08:49
757_Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whilst I have appreciated and commented on the support and positive attitude of nearly all the BA pilots on here and in person, I cant help but read an underlying negative possible hostile attitude towards BMI pilots in the BACC document kindly posted by buzz boy.
err - that document is from the BACC not the BMICC - the BACC are there to represent the interests and requests of BA pilots only. The BMIcc will be fighting their corner and most probably are right now talking with the BACC and balpa behind the scenes. I know its no fault of the BMI employees - but before anyone throws their toys out remember BA (management and staff) have a choice here, BMI do not. The most likely alternative to not being taken over is redundancy and slot / asset stripping
Also remember the TUPE ONLY APPLIES IF THEY ARE INTEGRATED. so if the BA pilots vote no, or BMICC refuse to sign up to whatever they are requested then BMI becomes a part of IAG, not BA, probably gets rebranded as BA express and there is no TUPE, no seniority, no protection, no-nothing.
I have no idea what BMI are being asked to bring to the table, but given the concessions that BA are being asked to provide to have an integration rather than a takeover I assume that BMICC are being asked to provide some concessions too. If joining the BA list at the bottom is what they are being asked to do, in order to guarantee all the other benfits then that seems like a reasonable request to me.
I've got some good mates in BMI and I don't wish to see anyone's job or career harmed due to no fault of their own, and a wrong place wrong time deal, but thats the way the cookie crumbles.