PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - China Vs EU
Thread: China Vs EU
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2012, 08:19
JCviggen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, at least you now have a government... (The irony - Brussels controling Europe, and you with no Government yourself)
Irrelevant as it is to the discussion or to my arguing credentials, Belgium had several governments at all time which were elected, and one caretaker federal one which carried on after its expiration date. But don't let that get in the way of a good story.

And people from Brussels don't control the EU, the EU leaders simply happen to meet in Brussels most of the time hence I don't quite understand the point you're trying to make.

Brussels Eurocrats at their best...
Of course it's ridiculous, but you can find this kind of stuff in nearly every government including the US and UK ones. It's easy to pick, choose and magnify these idiotic bureaucratic f-ups to make your point look stronger

You seem to want the public to pay more for air travel. I'm glad you don't find air travel expensive. Many do.
I don't think its cheap in itself, but it appears to me that air travel as a way of transportation enjoys many privileges over other modes of transportation for no obvious reason. It has also been established that although the exact consequences are currently impossible to calculate, the high altitude emissions of aircraft are not particularly good for the environment. Whether this is a concern to you or not, until it is established with certainty that we don't need to worry about it - we probably should given the potential consequences.

Out of interest, do you fly for a living, does your livelyhood depend upon aviation?
I do not -anymore- have anything to do with aviation but again I would argue this is irrelevant. Especially because those who DO have something to do with aviation are likely more focused on their own interests than those of everybody else.

I cant't believe I'm actually somewhat on the EU's side on this - I usually am not believe me. Perhaps the only reason I'm on this side of the argument is to try and balance it out a little with nearly every other poster here strongly opposed to this measure for clearly selfish or anti-EU (as is so popular in the UK these days) motives.
It cannot be denied that the EU has been trying for quite a while to get international agreement on this, and in the end appears to have gotten fed up with the lack of progress and introduced this "all on their own"