PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Moremi Air van down
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2012, 06:46
Capt Livingstone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flying Ham:
Captain Livingston. In your post (#123) you mentioned a 'she' before (the CEO) that does not listen to her people and tried to cover it up.
This is a small town and a very close knit flying community. News of the crash was out within minutes. In this situation at least a brief statement should have been made by the company as soon as possible. Also the press should have been informed of hard facts as they emerged with carefully worded press statements. No more no less. A three day news black out and staff informed to make 'no comment' to any enquiry was not the way to deal with this. It would, and did, just lead to some quite ridiculous rumours which still abound.

Moremi Air is business as usual, to a certain degree. They have had many passengers booked who have refused to fly with them and are being forced to sub charter to other companies. Their two associated safari companies are ducking, diving and being a little economical with the truth to force tourists to fly with Moremi Air.

I am not associated with the company but have to be careful not to blow my cover. I do have to say that there are some great people working for them. in the air and on the ground. The problem is at the very top.