PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Pilots Ponder BMI Proposal
View Single Post
Old 10th Jan 2012, 19:51
skip.rat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just a quick question to somebody that might know; it's probably splitting hairs, but I am interested to know if it is clearly spelled out in the terms of the vote.

Is my understanding correct thinking that a 'Yes' vote by the BA pilots says that they agree to various concessions regarding productivity, etc. in order to allow bmi to be integrated?
If so, following a 'Yes' vote are BA compelled to go ahead with the integration? - or, could WW, having tested the water & through the vote currently underway with the pilot community having "shown their hand"- decide that, after all he still prefers the idea of a standalone operation, unless the pilots agree to give up 'xyz', etc. etc.
I only mention it having seen the results of discussions between pilots & mgmt where all the i's & t's weren't completely dotted & crossed; only to find that the airline's lawyers have discovered a little chink in the pilots' armour & have ruthlessly exploited it.

Edit: in the time it's taken to post this I think the above post covers it!

Last edited by skip.rat; 10th Jan 2012 at 19:55. Reason: it appears somebody has just answered the question in the Q&A above.