PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Heikkis' Silhouette Challenge
View Single Post
Old 10th Jan 2012, 18:37
skytrain10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evening Trevor
I take it were're looking up at it, inline with the extended flaps and it has upturned wingtips, truncating the starboard wing?
Yes, looking up at it and from slightly behind. Wingtips are not upturned but the underside is angled upwards near the tip to join the top side at the tip (if you see what I mean)...hence the illusion of an upturned wing when seen from below.
Edit....to explain what I mean, here is the wingtip from the front:

Those swept inboard leading edges remind me of the French Wassmer or maybe a CERVA, any point in pursuing this line of thinking??
In short no! We have however had another challenge from this manufacturer that featured the same style inboard leading edge.

WTF is that "pipe" sticking out of the wing root and that loop by the Fin L/E?? I see something on the far elevator tip, so is that another view of a similar loopy thing (it seems to be pointing the wrong way for a horn balance)?
The "pipe" actually comes out of the fuselage and there is one each side (the other one doesn't show becuause of the angle). Not sure on their purpose. Maybe a step to get up to the cockpit?? The loopy thing is on the vertical, again not sure of its purpose. Sorry, I'm not technically minded and can't see any references in the aircraft details.

Last edited by skytrain10; 10th Jan 2012 at 19:12.