PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Question: How the role as flight crew contributes to the success of an airline"?
Old 10th Jan 2012, 15:47
gwizzaviatior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question: How the role as flight crew contributes to the success of an airline"?

Hi guys,

So i'm doing an online application for flight crew and one questions is:

"Describe how you, in the role as flight crew, can contribute to the overall success of our business".

I am banging my head against a wall with this. I have run my own business before and have also worked in several good jobs. I know the value that I can bring "into a role", and how my skills would be applied within a cockpit environment. However when I ask myself the question, how a pilot can contribute to the overall success, I am dry on answers.
As pilots, we fulfil a function, a role which is to conduct a safe air transport operation. However we follow rules, SOPs and processes. We follow a duty from the seat we fly from, and when we are finished, that is our main role done. We are replaceable in this role by other pilots. Therefore, can any of you out there help enlighten me to see where a flight deck crew will contribute to the overall success of an airline business, because I am not seeing it at the moment. I see the major successes coming from management structures, the hierarchy steering the direction of the company, the people involved in sales, selecting the aircraft, flight planning and so forth. But for the pilot role I am not sure.

Please let me know.

Last edited by gwizzaviatior; 10th Jan 2012 at 16:07.