PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Iran Threatens to Close Strait of Hormuz
View Single Post
Old 10th Jan 2012, 12:57
glojo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have absolutely NO knowledge regarding the use, capabilities of a nuclear underwater device but for those that advocate its use or any other 'big bang' weapon, have they thought about the consequences for all the oil rigs in that area and will this weapon remove the threat of ALL these mines? I have no idea but not all mines are of the 'contact' type.

I just cannot believe anyone would contemplate the use of this type of weapon... What about the minefields on the Falklands? A small nuclear weapon should clear those areas!! Tongue in cheek comment.

Fishing close to rocks on the southern coasts of Devon and Cornwall

I say the southern coast just because I have not fished on the Atlantic side of this beautiful area of our country.

Before becoming a full time mattress tester I took great enjoyment in jumping into a boat and dropping a hook or two into the deep blue sea. (mackerel at least four hooks )

Fishing near rocks would in my opinion be the best location to catch wrasse and certainly not mackerel. Apologies for going off topic but the chance to share those happier days and the experiences was something I could not avoid doing. Never tasted wrasse, never wanted to, but it aint no mackerel. Why on earth anyone would use explosives is beyond me and is that a legal way to fish? A question