PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF nepotism
Thread: QF nepotism
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2002, 23:03
shaablamm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Al E Vator, I know of many people like yourself who say they have first hand proof that this goes on, these people are in and out of QA.

My question to everyone is, if it is considered almost a sure thing that assistance and unfair advantage is available to the kids, siblings or friends of, how would you explain a son of a Qantas Capt not being considered for the aptitude test?

The candidate exceeds all the minimum requirements and theoretical results are average. Could this occur? Has anyone out there ever heard of any candidate being turned down immediately after applying, during such a high recruitment drive, that is to say that they were not even offered the skill or aptitude test?

Up until a few days ago I had never heard of such a thing until I spoke to a mate. This has occurred to him recently and he was informed never to reapply. This to me stinks of internal politics and I for one cannot understand how a company, not just an airline, could be so petty. If it is the individual/s within the recruitment system that have the ability to exceed there authority in this manner then I could not think of a worse company to work with.