PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Pilots Ponder BMI Proposal
View Single Post
Old 10th Jan 2012, 11:31
MrBenip

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1033 - Quote "What you will find many BMI pilots consider fair is the fact that they integrated the BMed pilots on Date Of Joining. This was initially fround upon by the BMI pilots but were instructed by BALPA HQ that this was the most legal and fair way of dealing with this subject under TUPE.

It is for this reason that many BMI pilots will feel particualarly letdown by BALPA if BALPA then does a monumental U-turn in what it advocates as the legitimate formula for bringing two companies together. I am no legal expert but by my reckoning they would be seen as offering impartial and false advise if anything other than what they advised BMI staff were employed in this example. I'm not saying its right or wrong but BALPA can't say that combining seniority lists HAS to be done in a particular way because it's the law to one group and then spin a different line when the circumstances are repeated a couple of years later, unless the law has changed?"

Sorry for the long post but an excellent point made by 1033. Yes, just what WOULD Balpa look like if they did a u-turn? Guess this would be an awkward time for them.