PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - C152 Landing
Thread: C152 Landing
View Single Post
Old 10th Jan 2012, 09:53
mad_jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nope. well I might have done in the early days learning my trade until I realised it was a particularly stupid and bad way of teaching.

Its hands on my knees, feet off the peddles, then "I have control" if I want it. Same in multicrew ops as well. There are instructors out there that cover everything. I don't know if its a confidence thing or a lack in thier own abilitys. But before you take control you should really be calling "go-around I say again go-around" then when they make a pigs ear of that you take it.

Circuit training I won't say anything either during the approach if its leading up to solo. In that situation though I am looking at if they can make the command call to Go-around off a bad approach. And the de-brief if I have to take control is mainly about why they didn't go-around. I actually get more of a buzz when students/FO's do bin a bad approach with zero input from me than if they wazz down the approach and pull off a greaser. Even if it shows thier PIC skills are better than their handling skills