PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Iran Threatens to Close Strait of Hormuz
View Single Post
Old 10th Jan 2012, 07:38
HTB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Welcome back 500 - how were Mick, Wally and the crocs?

Never mind learning the 3 Rs - he should at least remember over a 3-day period what his story is:

6 Jan 12:59
Many years ago (1970's) I used to throw sticks of dynamite (when you didn't need a licence to obtain dynamite for "blowing up tree stumps") into Cornish coves whilst in a wooden rowing boat. I would then jump into the water with a rope around my waist & use a net to sweep all the dead fish into. They would be sold to many restaurants in the Mawgan Porth/Newquay area.

9 Jan 21:54
Amusing. Well, from the resident "chimp" - in the 1960's (I was about 8) I used to go fishing with my dad off Mawgan Porth bay in Cornwall. He had a friend who had a licence for dynamite. We used to go out in a rowing boat & dad would chuck a stick of dynamite into the sea. Every fish within about 50 metres would float to the surface & we would go into the water on roaps with a life-bouy, fill them with fish & sell them in Newquay.

Can you spot any inconsistencies in these two versions? Unless of course he went out unacompanied when he was in his teens in the '70s.

Shall we give him the benefit of the doubt?

Mister B