PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - C152 Landing
Thread: C152 Landing
View Single Post
Old 9th Jan 2012, 22:58
RTN11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A student's and an instructor's perception of when someone is "about to go solo" are very different.

The OP hasn't been particularly clear on his flying experience, and may not in fact be definately going solo on the next flight, so don't be so quick to burn the instructor.

It is a standard instructional technique to keep your feet on the pedals early on, only letting the student go without the saftely net when they are ready to do so, it's not for the student to judge it's the instructor.

Having said that, I would hope that if one of my students had a fundamental lack of understanding of how to control the aircraft during the ground roll, I would be able to pick this up and give advice rather than that student having to turn to an anonymous forum, so perhaps a chat with your instructor is in order to make sure you are on the same page. If not, a change of instructor may not be a bad thing. Ultimately you are paying £1xx for his time, so ask as many questions as you can.

Genghis - Do ALL cessna's have nosewheel steering? I've only got a handful of cessna hours from years back, but I'm sure the nosewheel was loose. I know you can do a full and free check of the rudder pedals on the ground without the nosewheel moving on both 152 and 172.