PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GA Flying...is it safe ?!
View Single Post
Old 9th Jan 2012, 21:15
Grob Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I fly by the old adage mentioned on these forums before but I heard first from an experienced pilot,

"A superior pilot is one who uses their superior knowledge so they don't have to use their superior skills".

One of the best pieces of advice I have ever been given and one which I think about often as I am training. In other words, I believe that the more highly trained you are before you are awarded the privileges of the PPL, the more talented, and capable pilot you are in the end, the more aware you are of what could go wrong and why and therefore the more capable of dealing with it if it does happen.

Much the same could be said of driving - although there aren't the checks in place to check drivers (frankly I wish there were, who hasn't seen the dangerous/stupid driving particularly on motorways such as the M25?!!) The more goes it takes to past your driving test, the more likely you are to be a better driver...Theres more to bump into when driving, more idiots less aware of safety...things called lorries....and more speed cameras.....

Know which form of transport i'd choose