PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Haddon-Cave, Airworthiness, Sea King et al (merged)
Old 9th Jan 2012, 19:46
Engines

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Courtney,

Absolutely spot on. Crews on ops simply can't be required to check that bits of their aircraft are still attached. Crews on training shouldn't be doing that. Crews on SAR shouldn't be doing it. Crews just flying around on GFP shouldn't be doing it. No one should be doing it. At all. Ever. It's not their flaming job. It's the engineers, and until it's fixed, the aircraft stays on the ground.

JF, the point is not that 'it's threaded, so 15 minutes mitigates'. 'Easy to spot' is not the point. 'Several turns to fully loosen' is definitely NOT the point. The point is that no aircraft should ever be allowed to get into the air with an electrical connector that affects the integrity of the engine controls not properly secured so that it might come loose. Especially, especially, if you know about it.

It's not rocket science, honestly. It's stopping a plug falling off, and we've been doing this for years. This is basic aircraft engineering standards and practices. Our crews deserve far better than this, and if people are still signing this one off they need retraining until they stop doing it.

I hope I'm not coming over as too judgemental here, but honestly, the fact that we might still have some people who are prepared to tolerate this sort of thing sacres the bejeesus out of me....

Best Regards as ever to those at the sharp end

Engines