PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ANA pilot given four chances to pass breathalyzer test before flight cancelled
Old 9th Jan 2012, 19:43
captplaystation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think it is fair to say that in the "good old bad old days" some () individuals "may" have pushed the boundaries, usually on night-stops, of the 8hr rule, which lets be honest, only covered a couple of beers, & assuredly not getting severely wasted in a room party with booze procured at zero financial cost from an aircraft bar ( Oh Happy Days ! ! ! )
I think most "reckless" individuals who "may" have partaken in this behaviour would probably assess their ability, with a stinking hangover, as being superior to what they demonstrated after flying Europe to Tenerife/ Sharm el Sheikh & back, 12hrs duty , 10 in the air, arriving at 7-10 in the morning.
Of course the do-gooders will just say, Oh yes, alcohol clouds your judgement of how badly you were performing. . Er no, I was fully aware, as I was aware of my efforts after a 12hr night in "Hotel Boeing", the only difference is that one was legal, the other (maybe) wasn't. Same deterioration in performance, different reasons.