PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Pilots Ponder BMI Proposal
View Single Post
Old 9th Jan 2012, 18:48
SR71

Mach 3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nope - never worked for BMI or BA. My question stands, however - what possible reason would current BA pilots have to integrate the BMI pilots anywhere other than the bottom of their seniority list?
And how is it possible that, through no fault of their own, pilots who wind up having flown for an airline that has been turned into a train wreck by its management, have to suffer the loss of 20+ years seniority (in your example), just because their airline happens to be being bought by another?

Explain to me how that is fair?

Doctors must laugh at the lunacy of our industry...that we could ever allow that to happen.

But then, at EZY, its every man for himself isn't it?

But I'm still having trouble realising how, if BA pilots vote "No", bmi can expand at their expense at a slot-constrained airport...unless the BA brand is to be sacrificed? If bmi is not going to be integrated, then are people really saying WW will grow bmi, or whatever the new entity will be called, at the expense of BA?

And at the point he tries to shuffle work in bmi's direction, the bmi pilots dig their heels in for BA T&C's - after all they're now doing "BA" work - isn't everyone a winner?

At that point you might as well merge the operation(s).

The difference between this and the J*/Qantas situation, is that the proposal is centred on a seriously slot-constrained airport. WW doesn't have the flexibility to "outsource" work to his new cheap airline via alternative hubs.

Maybe I'm missing something.