PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Haddon-Cave, Airworthiness, Sea King et al (merged)
Old 9th Jan 2012, 16:29
Engines

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DV and others,

I would very much hope that this SI on the DECU connectors was removed many years ago following corrective action to address the cause, or at least some palliative action in service (e.g. application of wire locking) to negate the need for in flight checks.

Can anyone confirm that?

It's the basics here - in my view you just don't carry out in flight checks of anything unless the aircraft is signed up for a Check Test Flight, or a specifically documented In Flight Check. For an engine control connector, this would normally be a 'one off' to investigate a problem. In any case, you are checking for something that you really can't tolerate happening - it's got to be fixed, not checked.

If (and I really hope that I'm wrong here) this SI is still in use, then there is something seriously wrong in the State of Denmark here. It's a threaded electrical connector - it must have been fixed by now. If not, the RAF have some explaining to do.

Best regards as ever to those actually trying to do the job at the front line

Engines