PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM TEES VALLEY AIRPORT - 5
View Single Post
Old 9th Jan 2012, 13:00
skyman771

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Further comment in respect of Peel's actions :-
SWBKCB
My reading of this is that the dilution hasn't yet taken place (i.e. "PAL have indicated their intention to serve a formal share conversion notice") but don't know how the announcement of the sale affects this process
Having read the council's minute of 6th December, then this only seems to endorse my assumptions in respect of the dilution. The fact that it was mooted that it could take place "within 7 days", and that the Council were to formally reject any further cash injection, would in any event suggest that it may have already taken place, and will have taken place at such time the airport is disposed of. This makes business sense as it will ensure that Peel obtain a larger share of any net proceeds arising from the eventual sale of the airfield.
Within the minutes it did endorse my point that Peel Airports Limited "PAL" have indeed availed themselves of non cash funding
PAL have therefore notified the Councils of the intention to serve a formal share conversion notice regarding the funding it considers it has provided to DTVA in the period up to 31 October, 2010.
Nortbound A1, apologies for any earlier offence taken, which was not intended, sometimes a thick skin is required, anyhow you note that the Southside is no longer part of DTVA. On the basis that you are correct, it is of course a verifiable fact for anyone who is prepared to visit the Land Registry web site and pay the £19.95, which should also provide the sale price.
Again on the basis that “PAL” have done their ”job” properly then it is very likely that the South Side has been sold, conveniently the purchaser would likely be Peel Holdings, who irrespective of the sale price would again no doubt fund the cost through an intercompany account which could easily be negated through management charges from Peel Holdings, though even Holdings would presumably have to suffer the stamp duty !
The conclusion of all of this is that DTVA has indeed been cleaned up for a disposal, that part which is not physically divisible i.e. the minimum land boundary that PAL necessarily have had to retain intact being put up for sale, whereas all else has been stripped out.
What I do feel is worthy of comment in all of this is that it seems unlikely that the Local Authourities would have been unaware of any land disposal, and as such it may be interesting to note any comments in earlier committee minutes...public record...?
IF the land has been sold AND in the unlikely the local authorities were either unaware or appeared to do nothing at that time then perhaps there is a valid issue to be addressed. …. Northbound A1- take note.......