PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "Slow boat" options - Europe to Aust/NZ
View Single Post
Old 9th Jan 2012, 12:17
gdiphil

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gibon, I have had similar thoughts myself over the years. I often go to SYD or PER to see relatives. Usually it is a straight thru run. The thing that gets me is the time zone changing. I'd love to move thru different time zones more slowly to adjust more easily to the longer time I spend in Oz. I'm in London so I've thought of a south/north zig-zag route something on the lines of London to Europe somewhere. In calmer days then to Cairo, although now perhaps Istambul or Jordan. Then Dubai/Abu-Dhabi/Qatar region. Then Colombo, Bangkok or KL or Singapore, Bali, Darwin then either Perth or Sydney. As I say, this is based purely on a gradual adjustment to the body clock. I've also thought of going much further south from Europe overnight to Capetown, then Mauritius then up to Colombo and then on as described above. In terms of round the world I guess across the Pacific in a zig-zag time zone fashion could also be done but the problem is the North American part to Europe. A large time zone difference so one I would avoid if I were doing it on the basis of avoiding large time zone changes. It sounds a fun way of getting about in any event and would love to hear on what you finally decide.