PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Pilots Ponder BMI Proposal
View Single Post
Old 9th Jan 2012, 11:06
Chief Brody

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am curious to hear at one of the BAPLA briefings what the original offer was.

I certainly hope that this unpalatable offering (see Steve Rileys 4 bulletpoints) is significantly better than what was first offered by the company.

Otherwise what the hell have I been paying 40 quid a month for?

RE those bulletpoints:

*5% savings to be found within BLRs (sounds very fuzzy to me - but hey thats what the briefings are for I guess)
*Reduction from 30 days leave to 28 - any danger of meeting in the middle at 29?
*Waving the holiday pay claim - is it ok for BA to break the law now then? It is my understanding that it took an appeal court judge to clarify the situation - holiday pay is to be based on basic pay + lost allowances. End of story.
*Re the pay scale I see both sides of the arguement. It was never designed for people to spend 15 plus years on PP24. But also the companys pension scheme is now no longer a defined benefit type. The upshot being you need/desire 15 years at the top of the tree to squirrel away a decent amount of savings to make for a cushy retirement.

Re this final BP - I joined a few years back so will remain on the old payscale (at least until Willy comes back for 'seconds' yet again pleading poverty). Even so, I would be willing to accept a PP29 scale for all (personally foregoing 5 years at the top of the pile) - I think this would show an appreciation for the changing financial times whilst not leaving all newbies to shoulder the biggest burden.

I think after

1) Several successful attacks on pilot pay and productivity over the past few years
2) Introducing BFD whilst never explaining what it actually is / will become
3) Adjustments (always for the worse) to BLRs
4) Our assistance whilst many CC were being tools in 2010

We deserve more than this intransigence on the part of senior
management.

Last edited by Chief Brody; 9th Jan 2012 at 11:20.