PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What makes a Flying School a good school?
Old 9th Jan 2012, 10:26
Say Cheese

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, I am in the process of looking at somewhere to learn and I have this Saturday just gone found the place I will learn with. Why them? Well because.....

- The CFI was friendly and approachable and confirmed our appointment by text that morning even though I'd only spoken to him the day before to arrange.

- The CFI/Owner was willing to spend an hour talking about the school and club. The way that they work and what I would need to do to get the license. Others I have spoken to have shoved a brochure in my hand and told me to "call if you've got questions".

- Very open about prices. What was included and what wasn't. Told me the minimum number of hours that would be needed to pass and then told me realistically how long it would take. Stated that I would at some point want to buy my own headset and told me to factor that in too. Also, I went for a trial flight after the hour chat and was given a price for the hour. When we got back I was told that we'd only been up for 50 mins (wind was getting bad) and was only charged for the 50 mins I'd been up, not as I was expecting, to be charged a full hour.

- Was added as a temporary member to the online booking system so I could see from comfort of home how it works for myself.

- Showed me on the trial flight a lot of what the plane could do including a stall and how to recover as well as getting it to hover in a strong wind.

All in all I felt welcomed and that they wanted me on board as a member of the club not just another punter to spend some cash.