PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Moremi Air van down
View Single Post
Old 9th Jan 2012, 09:19
Foxcotte

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I now understand the engine is with the manufacturer P&W for examination - at long last. But the reply that said the engine sat at Maun airport uncovered/unprotected would appear to confirm a similar story I heard from someone else. Rumours that not all the engine/key components were recovered in the first place are also gaining substantial credibility. That is seriously worrying for the integrity of the investigation and any subsequent report/finding that may come out of all of this.

I know that this is DIA, but that just isn't good enough. Not for these people involved in this incident, or the country, company and region either. Africa CAN and MUST do better. There are too many questions waiting to be answered, and too many people hurt/angry/confused about this particular crash to be left with doubts and suspicions at the end of it all. Fears that the real story of what happened would not ever be told seem - at the moment - to be ominously justified. Its so heartbreaking and agonising for all the families of the victims. The worst nightmare is an inconclusive report that muddies the waters and no clear responsibility is laid at anyone's door - and leaves all the rumours/gossip avenues open. In the long term I don't think that's in anyone's best interests even if the short term gains seem momentarily attractive.

V1...Ooops. Thanks for your belated feedback and defence of the Twotter. It only came up in this thread because of the then enthusiastic debate as to whether the Caravan is a bush plane or not. I believe that the Caravan is arguably the best bush plane around with the Twin Otter coming in a close second. But this is a debate for another thread...